MedStaffers is expanding our services offered to include individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities. We are currently seeking to hire Habilitation Aides for direct support assistance in the Central Pennsylvania area. A Habilitation Aide assists individuals with intellectual disabilities and autism with learning and maintaining skills in their home and community. Aides will participate in implementing the Individual Support Plan (ISP) which is designed to enhance the individual’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical and independent living skills. For example, an individual may need assistance with learning how to prepare meals for themselves. In this instance, a Habilitation Aide would help the individual in deciding what they’d like to eat that week, making a list of items needed at the grocery store, budgeting for the trip, assisting in the shopping and purchasing of items, and providing supervision for safety as the aide assists the individual in preparing the meals as planned.
Qualities we are looking for in a Habilitation Aide include:
- Having the ability to critically think and adapt to various work, social and interpersonal situations.
- Being able to teach in steps instead of completing tasks for an individual
- Being able to effectively communicate and listen in a respectful manner with individuals, their families, and MedStaffers.
- Having the ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Possess certain personality traits such as compassion and patience.
- Access to reliable transportation is vital
Benefits of working for MedStaffers include:
- Flexible scheduling for part-time or full-time hours.
- Competitive starting pay rates.
- Paid time off
- Health, vision, and dental insurance offered
This is a perfect position for students with a social science, education, healthcare degree concentration; however, all are encouraged to apply. Positions can be for breaks only or can continue through the school year as paid internship opportunities can be discussed. MedStaffers is also eager to speak with students graduating in Spring 2017 who are looking to begin an exciting and rewarding career in Human Services with overwhelming opportunities for advancement as our new Intellectual Disability Division grows.
If you are interested in a position with MedStaffers please call at 717-243-3485 or our toll-free number 1-866-695-8233. You may also reach out to Maria Davis via email at email@example.com.